Business Controlling is the Finance department responsible for organizing and coordinating annual budget process and quarterly forecasts, producing monthly management reports for actual and budget follow-up, building and updating business cases and analyzing in depth key R&D projects.
This Business controller will support and participate to these key projects. He will support as well our business partners through analysis in order to explain and monitor their actual performance against budget, targets and objectives. This means providing financial information, analysis, planning, follow-up and reporting services to internal customers (line and project managers).
Classic controlling activities:
- Reporting & Planning:
- Provide financial information, analysis, planning, follow-up and reporting services to internal clients (line and project managers).
- Maintain constant tracking and vigilance of adherence to budget and forecasts, in particular resources, costs and capital expenditures and propose simulation to remain within target
- Provide guidelines, prepare, analyze, review and consolidate plans such as LTP, Budget, Forecasts, and quarterly estimates with specific focus on Resources and Production.
- Follow-up budgets and produce monthly reports for internal clients and corporate finance.
- Business support:
- Provide management with analyses to support their arbitrations and decision-making process
- Review business cases in relation with the perimeter, provide inputs for the go/no go decision, track and report on financial aspects if validated
- Support other finance teams by providing information or validation of figures.
- Contribute to transversal process common to all controllers in regular controlling tasks such as monthly reports issuance, accruals calculation, data extractions, variances analysis
- Support budget process for the whole R&D perimeter
Project management role (in framework of subset of GFT project, called GFT-TPE):
- Operational project management:
- Maintain the project roadmap (filing, recording and reporting systems)
- Provide regular synthesis on projects status and inputs in weekly status meeting
- Implement a regular follow-up of action items assigned to the team in the framework of projects or with main stakeholders.
- Generic project management:
- Project Accounting (business case update, budget management and invoicing)
- Meeting Management (Steering Committee, Project Status Meetings)
- Documentation (Business case, Gap analysis, RFP)
Profil recherché :
MBA or University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics
Candidates with engineer degree combined with a complementary Finance education such as MBA and experiences in finance management, will be also considered
Relevant work experience
- Strong experience in finance management and closing of international company with day to day interaction with business activities.
- Practices of accounting closing and management of reporting packages
- Knowledge and practices of SAP and BI solutions (BW or an equivalent cube i.e. Essbase will be a plus)
- Previous experience in project coordination and/or implementation of solution in a Finance department will be appreciated
- Fluent in English and French (a third language will be a plus)