Amadeus is a leading SaaS and Service provider for the global travel and tourism industry, providing advanced technology solutions to our travel provider and travel agency customers worldwide. We act as an international network providing comprehensive real-time search, pricing, booking, ticketing and other processing solutions to travel providers and travel agencies through our Travel Channels business area, and we offer travel providers an extensive portfolio of technology solutions which automate certain mission-critical business processes, such as reservations, inventory management and other operational processes, through our IT Solutions business area.
The Amadeus infrastructure has grown and continues to grow as a massively distributed system across several global Datacenters, with the main site in Erding, Germany.
Inside Amadeus, the Technology Platforms & Engineering (TPE) entity of Amadeus develops and operates the core platforms that support all Amadeus products developed by the customer units, and provides Service Reliabilty Engineering (SRE) for Amadeus services.
Delivering operational excellence in such an environment requires a thorough alignment of architecture and technology choices along with effective decision process tools and procedures.
To help in that mission, a team of experts, the Architecture and Technical Governance (ATG) Division, led by the Chief Technology Officer of TPE, has been built and is expanding.
To assist this team in achieving these goals, applicants will bring:
- A successful prior track record in a senior technical leadership role in IT and Communications Architecture and in Technology Strategy and implementation with a focus on LAN, WAN, as well as connectivity in internal and external Cloud based solutions
- Excellent technical knowledge and analytical capability, to show complex topics in simple terms and link them to business requirements
- Strong datacenter and mission critical networking experience
- Coupled with a solid grounding in operational and service management for highly-distributed mission critical application services
- An ability to collaborate and network with the infrastructure and software architects to design the world class platform the Amadeus business requires to support the company's objectives (inside and outside the company)
- The capacity to translate Business into Architecture, Architecture to design and into operability criteria/solutions that the applications must meet to be efficiently operated in such a platform
- Self-driven, innovative leader with strong conceptual, communication and change skills. Ability and persuasiveness to communicate successfully on all levels, including executive Management
- Extensive network into relevant industry players and vendors, to be at the forefront of technology grounded in solid operational experience
- Creates excellent, convincing and clear documents and presentations
- Experienced in driving complex projects and coordinate multiple stakeholders
- Identify and analyse the major market best practices/trends to contribute to the definition of the Technology Platforms & Engineering (TPE) technical strategy and roadmap. Interact with/influence solution providers.
- Accountable for the local and wide area networking, access control and load distribution (Firewalling, Load Balancing, ...), SDN/NFV and communications architecture, definition of solution options including to and from the Cloud
- Individual contributor with reporting line towards the Chief Technology Officer, supporting him in the definition and implementation of the target architecture
- Lead studies that ensure the technical feasibility and business sense of the Amadeus technical strategy, support other Technology Platforms & Engineering (TPE) groups to achieve their objectives.
- Networking technology lifecycle and standards definition, evolution of Networking, driving implementation into production in close collaboration with the responsible design, engineering and operations (SRE) teams
- Represent TPE in Amadeus technical/architectural boards, contribute to corporate studies, document proposals and be accountable for the decision proposals in the networking field. Stakeholder in all architecture decisions related to networks and communication.
- Work closely with the TPE teams as well as other Development teams of Amadeus involved in the build and run of our software and architecture to homogenize the process and procedures, to enforce platforms and disciplines (N/W, S/W, System) convergence, to identify the pain points/future risks and propose solutions for them (IaaS/PaaS architecture)
- Represent Amadeus in relevant industry forums and with key vendors and partners
- Provide Leadership to the networking field in Amadeus
Profil recherché :
- Post-graduate university degree in IT/CS or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a highly challenging IT environment
- Fluent English
Relevant work experience
Successful experience at an expert level in modern, distributed Networking, additional experience in Cloud, Software or Systems helpful
- Exposed to the operation of largely distributed environments in an expert role especially in the following domains:
- WAN architectures, protocols, solutions and tools
- LAN architectures, solutions and tools, including built for a cloud, operated in a cloud,
- Network virtualization (VLAN, virtual appliances, virtualized payloads)
- Good understanding of software engineering, operating systems, security and compliance concepts, financial modelling and IT governance/operations and Amadeus platforms are a plus.
- General knowledge of air business/IT or GDS distribution models would be a plus.
- Ability to quickly gain top-level understanding and to interact with various subject matter experts.
- Proven accountability and proactivity
- Effective Change management and Flexibility
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills up to executive Level
- Strong interpersonal skills, tenacity, and proven ability to drive results and influence in a complex, multicultural environment and at different hierarchical levels.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) and with MS Office suite. German and French a plus.
- Team player, self-motivated, and ability to work independently and pro-actively.