Amadeus delivers added value products and solutions to travel agencies, corporations, airlines and other travel businesses worldwide as well as providing the e-commerce products for Amadeus.
Amongst other products Amadeus provides the Amadeus Selling Platform & Connect, a professional browser based front office reservation product; the Amadeus Sales Management Solution covering the activities of the travel agent from front office to mid-office, Amadeus Reservation Desktop the front office for airline dedicated to professional and all e-Commerce platforms: Amadeus e-Retail Engine for airlines and Amadeus e-Travel Management for corporations and travel resellers.
In this context, the Front Office Reservation (FOR) (Selling Platform Classic/Connect & Amadeus e-Travel Management) division is responsible for the web applications which are part of the Amadeus Distribution portfolio. The Quality and Delivery Services (QDS) department regroups 4 Quality Assurance (QA) teams for these products and operation implementation and 3 support teams for Selling Platform and AeTM.
Operational Engineers are required to manage the implementation, releasing and support process to ensure long-term production stability and availability for Amadeus distribution products.
- Ensure availability and stability of production environments
- Provide cross-team support on production environments and technologies (Dev, stress tests...)
- Act as the liaison between development and Amadeus Data Center teams in Erding Germany
- Coordinate processes required for major releases, infrastructure evolutions and implementations
- Provide expertise on architecture solutions and guidelines for operability and stability
- Support of the production environments for Amadeus distribution portfolio (Sell/Seco/AeTM)
- Support of the customer facing test environments
- Prepare the implementation of new customer projects and/or new product projects
- Management of new project implementation related to corporate products and satellites
- Coordination of product implementation in production and other test environments
- Prepare documentation and hand overs to Amadeus Data Processing Application Management teams
- Configuration management for all platforms
- Review functional Change requests on the design of applications
- Review application release Change requests and their impacts on production platforms
- Coordinate and manage major releases and service packs for Amadeus distribution products
Profil recherché :
- Web servers administration (Oracle Web server, Apache, IIS)
- Java application servers administration (WebLogic, Tomcat, JBOSS)
- Windows Server 2008 administration, Linux administration
- Web applications knowledge (HTML, XML, JSP, Servlets, EJB)
- Internet protocols knowledge (HTTP(S), SOAP/XML)
- Database server administration (Microsoft SQL Server 2008)
- Project management
- Previous experience in production operational environment
- Previous development experience in a J2EE environment
- Engineer degree in Computing Science
- Post Graduate degree in related subject is an advantage
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)