Most Amadeus BUs have plans about analytics to be delivered from 2017 onwards, and they have developed big data and data science skills. Most of these analytics rely on the same datasets, lots of them share the same components and will be built on the BI Platform. In addition some 25+ applications shall migrate from an external infrastructure provider to the BI Plaftform in 2017-2018.
Extensive work was carried out last year to improve industrialisation and enhance functionalities within the BI Platform.
- The BI platform will be further enhanced and industrialised in course of this year: improving the logging and monitoring facilities, making it deployable within the Amadeus Cloud Services ecosystem, adding state of the art technologies in their latest version.
- The BIP-BOX team is at the heart of all this. The BIP-BOX team is there, where new concepts such as Infrastructure as Code, DevOps meet BigData or IaaS technologies.
- Full automation of typical application and platform management activities: Platform deployment, stack upgrades and all typical cluster maintenance activities.
- Integration of the BI Platform with ACS targeted fully automatic deployment to Amadeus owned IaaS platforms but also GCE and AWS
- Technology validation and industrialization of new elements in the big data techno stack such as SQL on Hadoop solutions, streaming or monitoring solutions.
- Full automation of the security integration
- Operation excellence, and expert support to operational and R&D teams.
- Propose/Define operational standards for analytic platform.
- Design and implement technical solutions and perform feasibility studies associated to future standard deployments (e.g. SQL on Hadoop technologies)
- Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning of the platform necessary to finalize the product.
- Produce documentation including procedure to facilitate proper usage of the analytic stack by the operators
- Support the end user in the Production phase by investigating stability or performance issues in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR) issued from Product Management or Product Definition.
Profil recherché :
- Post-secondary degree in scientific studies or equivalent experience.
- Fluent English
Relevant work experience
Relevant work-experience in one of the following fields either as a SW -engineer, a DevOps engineer or Dev/Production Support engineer:
- Hadoop and its respective eco-system
- Infrastructure as Code ; Puppet, Ansible
- Ruby, Java, Python
- Virtualization , IaaS, PaaS ; Amadeus Cloud Service
A passion for new technologies and their valorisation in an industrial context is a plus.
Professional Skills (IT Skills)
- Software Development
- Systems Design
- Systems Integration
Professional Skills (Methods & Processes)
- Root Causes Analysis